Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib)
Description of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) is an antineoplastic Medicine which prevents the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) belongs to targeted therapy and is a receptor protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It prohibits the actions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and is an angiogenesis inhibitor.
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) is a prescription Medicines which is used under the guidance of medical practioners
Medical use /Indication of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) is used for the treatment in patients having Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) is used for the treatment in patients having Advanced pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) is used for the treatment in patients having Advanced renal cell cancer
Mechanism of Action Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Sunitinib belong to type of small molecule which prohibits multiple RTKs, some of which are involved in tumor growth, pathologic angiogenesis, and metastatic progression of cancer. Sunitinib was judge for its inhibitory activity against a variety of kinases (>80 kinases) and was identified as an inhibitor of platelet-derived growth factor receptors (PDGFRa and PDGFRb), vascular endothelial growth factor receptors (VEGFR1, VEGFR2 and VEGFR3), stem cell factor receptor (KIT), Fms-like tyrosine kinase-3 (FLT3), colony stimulating factor receptor Type 1 (CSF-1R), and the glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor receptor (RET)
ADME of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
- High plasma concentration of sunitinib is between 6 and 12 hours and the bioavailability of sunitinib has no effect on food.
- Human plasma protein binding was 95 % and 90 % respectively.
- Primarily metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzyme, CYP3A4
- The Medicine sunitinib is eliminated primarily through feces 61% and renal excretion is 16% of administrated dose. Sunitinib half-life is 40 – 60 hours
- Primary active metabolite half-life was 80 – 110 hours
Side effects of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Common side effects :
Signs of allergic reactions: hives, breathing difficulty, sore throat, skin pain, red or purple skin rash
Liver problem: upper stomach pain, itching, tried feeling, decreased appetite, dark urine, jaundice.
Serious side effects :
- Swelling in ankles or feet
- Fast heart beats
- Sudden dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bruising
Signs of tumor cell breakdown - muscle cramps, tiredness, decreased urination, slow heart rate.
Thyroid problem - severe tiredness, depression, rapid heart rate, , feeling nervous, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of hair, weight changes, irregular menstrual periods.
Precautions of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
- Adrenal haemorrhage resulted in animal studies; follow the adrenal function in case of stress such as surgery, trauma or severe infection
- Control urine protein; interfere with treatment for 24-hr urine protein ≥3 g; stop for repeat episodes of protein ≥3 g despite dose reductions or nephrotic syndrome
- Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)treatment will causes severe hepatotoxicity involving liver failure; check liver function tests before starting treatment.
- Haemorrhagic events involving tumor-related haemorrhage resulted; test the serial complete blood counts and physical examinations
- Hypothyroidism resulted; follow the baseline thyroid function in patients with hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism and treat per standard medical practice prior to initiating therapy
Drug interaction of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) combination with CYP3A4 inhibitors (ketoconazole0 will increase the sunitinib plasma concentrations.
Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) combination with CYP3A4 inducers (rifampin) will decrease Sunitinib plasma concentration
Contraindication of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Patients are contraindicated with Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg) due to hypersensitivity and renal impairment.
Pregnancy of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Advise females of reproductive possible of the probable hazard to a fetus and use of effective contraception.
Lactation of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Decision should be taken about discontinue the nursing or to stop the Medicine considering the important of the Medicine to the mother. Hence avoid breast feeding during treatment.
Dosage of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
The recommended dosage for following condition as follows :
- Dose after disease progression on or intolerance to imatinib mesylate
- The usual dose for patients with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor is 50 mg PO qDay for 4 weeks, followed by 2 weeks Medicine-free, repeat cycle
- The usual dose for patients with Renal Cell Carcinomais 50 mg PO qDay for 4 weeks, followed by 2 weeks Medicine-free, repeat cycle
Adjuvant treatment of RCC :
- used for the adjuvant therapy of adult patients at high risk of recurrent RCC following nephrectomy
- The recommended dose is 50 mg PO qDay for 4 weeks, followed by 2 weeks Medicine-free, repeat cycle for a maximum of nine 6-week cycles totally
The usual dose for patients with Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor
is 37.5 mg PO qDay continuously without a scheduled off-treatment period
Storage of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
Stored at controlled temperature at 25℃
Keep away from children’s resistance
Dispense only in its original carton
Missed dose of Suninat 50mg (Sunitinib 50mg)
If dose is missed the have the dose immediately before next dose timing reaches or skip the missed dose and continue the regular schedule.
Consult doctors regarding missed dose.
No reviews found